Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Kudos For Courage

Letters to the Editor
Kudos For Courage
Baltimore Jewish Times - May 25, 2005

I thank Editor Phil Jacobs and the Baltimore Jewish Times for the courage it took to publish the recent articles regarding Judge Robert I. Hammerman. 

My heart goes out to "Barry" and the others who had the experience of feeling sexually victimized by a man who had so much power and control. It saddens me a great deal to see how badly our community needs to be educated on the symptoms and ramifications sexual violence plays on both children and adults. 

My hope is that our community will be more open to offering support to those who have been violated, and do what it can to help those who offend to stop. 

It's important to realize that even if an alleged offender has passed away, the violence he caused others will live on. To discredit someone who has been violated is a shameful thing. 

Vicki Polin
The Awareness Center
Baltimore

No comments: